REFLECTOR: Site Gauges

vance atkinson nostromo56 at tx.rr.com
Wed Apr 25 13:37:21 CDT 2012

I make the gauges.

And because the oil companies are putting tailings and god knows what
all in the gasoline ( and they deny it) it can effect the gauges, and
your strakes.  Enthanol is the worst offender.

Years ago before the fuel crises, you COULD put auto fuel in my gauges
and not have them  be effected.  Now, not so much.  I'm working on some
material that will be impervious to everything, but having a problem
getting samples, otherwise it will cost me around 400 bucks just to try
the material.

I have told builders if you absolutely have to use auto fuel, burn it
out right away...DONT LEAVE IT IN THE TANKS FOR ANY LENGTH OF TIME !  If
there is some fuel left (and most cases there will be)  fill it up with
avgas to dilute it.

Vance Atkinson