REFLECTOR: Electric Velocity and more f.light progress

David Ullman ullman at robustdecisions.com
Fri Apr 20 12:54:55 CDT 2012

The Volta Volare effort is out of Portland OR.  I got in touch with the main
man, Paul Peterson.  He will be in Corvallis (where I am) tomorrow and we
will meet then for me to get more details.  If we miss tomorrow, which we
might -  see below, then I will see him at the Café Electric Airplane
Symposium next week which we are both attending.

The reason that I might miss meeting Paul is that the weather is better so I
can fly off some more hours.  I got my transponder certified yesterday.  The
today went out this AM and shot landings.  Prior flights were high and fast
using most of CVOs 5000 ft.  Today I got the speed under co9ntrol and was
doing touch and goes and easily coming to full stop in 2500ft.  The plane
handles easily on final and  am over the numbers at 85kts.  I think with the
vortex generators I can get to 80kts.  We will see.  Just very happy to be
able to land in a reasonable distance and getting a comfortable feel for the
plane.

Next flight I will leave gliding distance from CVO and fly to another 75
miles away.  My palms sweat thinking about it.

David Ullman
N-444DX Velocity
EAA 292 President
david at davidullman.com