REFLECTOR: Dynon Avionics

Patrick Sieders pjsieders at comcast.net
Wed Apr 18 20:13:45 CDT 2012

Kevin,

I am looking to install the two AF-4500’s (EE and EM) one, left, one right and cable them with Ethernet. That way you can share info between the screens. I am looking forward to install the system together with a Garmin GTN750 and -650. I believe that will give me plenty redundancy, as I will also install a Dynon D-6 EFIS as a backup. The thing I like is the Flight Director, which I do not see on other packages. One thing I do not like that much is the compass rose right in the middle of the screen, I would like to see that replaced by a tape on the bottom. But I can live with it.

But alas.. just bought an engine and so my saved money towards the avionics package has gone somewhere else. I’ll postpone my panel for a while since I have plenty of other work to finish. But if there is some firsthand experience with the AFS’s I am also very interested like Kevin.

Greetings,

Patrick Sieders

Nashville TN

Working on the sidestick option. See http://www.siedersvelocity.wordpress.com