REFLECTOR: Seats

Geoff Gerhardt geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 07:22:09 CDT 2012

Bill,

I see some Miata seat hinges on ebay, so I might give this a try.  I always
thought you'd need to support both sides of the seat hinge to recline it,
but it looks like you only have the recline support mechanism on the
outside hinge and are just using a standard no-ratcheting/supporting hinge
on the other side.  This works ok?  You don't feel a bit of torque when you
lean back on the seat when the recline is supported only from the one side?

BTW, just search for Miata seat hinge on ebay - a guy in AZ is selling them
for $25/ea and has 5 of the L/R sides available.  I also noticed a bunch of
Ford Explorer seat hinges that looked similar, but they're about the same
price.

Thanks.

Geoff