REFLECTOR: seats

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 14 00:46:02 CDT 2012

My daughter totaled her 30th year commemorative addition Camaro several years back, and after the insurance company payed for the car, they gave her what was left of the car. I took the two leather front seats and installed them in my XLRG, and they fit perfect. They have full recline to the rear, and because a Camaro is a two door car, the seats will release forward to allow passengers to climb into the rear. I took the original seat rails which had all of the electric power options off, only 4 bolts, electric power units were way too heavy, with this removed the bottom of the seat, was perfectly flat. I used an appropriate size 1/8 inch flat aluminum plate and made an adapter plate to use the original Camaro 4 bolts to adapt to my kit supplied Velocity seat rails. Just an estimate, these seats, don't weigh much more than the factory bucket seats would with good foam and leather installed. I will have them recovered sometime after I fly off my first
 40 hours. This is an old photo attached showing them installed in my aircraft.

Andy Ellzey
Should be flying this summer, doing final paint at this time.