REFLECTOR: seats

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Thu Apr 12 19:27:37 CDT 2012

I'm working on designing a system to mount Corbeau A4 seats in my XL. I didn't like the factory hinges and lack of adjustability.

The A4 will be a tight fit in the XL, so I don't know if they'd fit in an SE. They also weigh about 33 lbs with rails,   (factory seats are about 18), which may be a limiting factor in many cases.

I'll post more when I have the (quick-release) mounting brackets installed and seats working.

Reiff

Sent from Windows Phone
________________________________
From: Lou Stedman
Sent: 4/11/2012 10:52 PM
To: Velocity Reflector
Subject: REFLECTOR: seats

I fly an older model SEFG, 1989. My front seats are getting a little worn looking and I am thinking about upgrading. I know I can purchase seats from Velocity but they seem pretty expensive. I was wondering if anyone has ever used automotive seats and if so what model and year. I have measured the width between my keel and side of fuselage and it appears to be quite narrow. Any suggestions?

Lou Stedman
Velocity SEFG
N7044Q
Olean, NY