REFLECTOR: Nose gear gas strut

Don Johnston numa at comcast.net
Fri Apr 6 12:12:15 CDT 2012

Dump valve works perfectly.

Once the nose gear is down, one finger is all it takes to get it over
center.

So the extra 10lbs would be enough. I may go with 65-70lbs depending on
what's available.

-Don

From: Scott Derrick <scott at tnstaafl.net>
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 10:53:14 -0600
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Nose gear gas strut
Actually it sounds like the strut is fine.

gas strut pushes 50 lbs? thats pretty close to spec on those things.  10
lbs would push it over center if the pressure was released.

I think something is binding or possibly a hydraulic issue.  Maybe your
release valve is plumbed incorrectly?

Scott