REFLECTOR: Twin Video

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Thu Apr 5 09:52:40 CDT 2012

If the winglets were put back on, and perhaps enlarged enough to
counteract asymmetric thrust, then I think the center rudder could be
removed.  Connecting the control linkages presents new challenges, and
perhaps a torque or push pull tube or cable run in front of the spar is
a solution.

What is in the space that used to be the engine cowl?  Is there a
firewall at that location?  If it were open, that raises the possibility
of some serious luggage possibilities, like skis.  Of course all subject
to weight and balance.  I bet the TwinV is already very light in the nose.