REFLECTOR: Dynon autopilot

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Tue Apr 3 18:40:34 CDT 2012

Actually, the Dynon units do not use a clutch at all, they are stepper
motors that have very little drag when un-powered, I had some concerns that
they would be noticeable, but they are not- the problem would be in matching
the step frequency with what Dynon is expecting- they are a little bit more
sophisticated then you would think really. If they were selling thousands of
them a year they would be cheaper, but I would doubt if they would come down
by more than 25%