REFLECTOR: Dynon autopilot

Peter Braswell peter.braswell at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 07:45:10 CDT 2012

David,
I had SV + AP installed in my Glastar and absolutely loved it.  It was a
little hankie in roll (hunting a lot) before I tweaked the gain and it
smoothed out considerably.  Warning: the factory settings make the system a
little twitchy at first but it's easily adjusted.

Will install the same in my SERG, tough I'll do two 10" screens + redundant
ADAHRS.  Though I haven't installed the servos yet, I think I'll connect
them to the bell crank at the end of the whale tail.  I think I can
fabricate a mount to get it to fit in there nicely.  I have decided to NOT
install the roll trim mechanism.  It's marginally effective as I understand
it and with the AP I don't see the point.

There are several types of servos offered.  Check with Dynon, but I think
the SV42 would be sufficient for the V.  That's what I had on my Star.  The
servos also come in two flavors: capstan and pushrod.  You'll definitely
want the pushrod variant.

-Peter

*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*
*Great Aviation Gear: www.sky-gadgets.com*