REFLECTOR: Uneven Fuel Flow

Brooke Wolf bwolf1 at tds.net
Thu Sep 29 15:02:12 CDT 2011

AH HA!  So what you are saying Alex, is that a fuel cap leak could be large enough to overwhelm the plumbed fuel vent.  ie, more air could escape through the cap than could be replaced by the vent resulting in a vacuum which would inhibit in fuel transfer from the main tank to the sump.

For the record, the bottom of my vent is cut off parallel with the bottom of the fuselage.  I also have a one way check valve inside the cabin as an alternate vent.  So far, in my 45 hours of flying, I have had no fuel feed issues.  Both sides feed evenly.

Brooke