REFLECTOR: Wing Jack Heights?

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Wed Sep 28 21:35:48 CDT 2011

Kevin,

Just walked out to the hangar to check.I jack my bird up right at the outboard end of the spar. At that point it is 40-7/8" from the floor. I built my jacks using a 4x4 and 3/4" plywood triangular "legs". The bottle jacks on top have about a 6-8" throw, and that works good for me.

I do believe my V is one of the taller ones (off the ground) that I have seen. Being a FG-Elite, it sits higher anyway, then I moved the axles down a bit (as instructed from the factory)... maybe 3/4"-1".  Between that, and moving the thrust line up 2", I have room for a 76" 3-blade CS-prop.

If you need any more info, just let me know.

 Kurt