REFLECTOR: Gauging interest: vacuum bagged strake bulkheads

Peter Braswell peter.braswell at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 12:11:46 CDT 2011

All,
I started doing the bulkheads for the strakes and I've strayed from the
manual just a bit.  Instead of laminating the entire 8x4 foam sheet and then
cutting out the bulkheads, I instead cut the foam out and then laminated the
bulkheads individually using a vacuum bag.  This ensures absolutely no air
bubbles being trapped in the part, it eliminates as much epoxy as possible
and I believe makes stronger/lighter part.

I was thinking about offering a service and wanted to gauge interest here
... basically you send me the foam bulkheads already cut out and I vacuum
bag them and send them back rough trimmed and cured.  Haven't thought too
much about the pricing yet, but wanted first to gauge interest.

Would anybody be interested in this?

Best,
Peter
*"It's a Jungle Up There": www.zuluworks.com*