REFLECTOR: Fw: [c-a] Velocity mishap

Jeff Barnes jcbarnes411 at sbcglobal.net
Tue Sep 20 23:04:09 CDT 2011

--- On Tue, 9/20/11, cvh at iafrica.com <cvh at iafrica.com> wrote:

From: cvh at iafrica.com <cvh at iafrica.com>
Subject: [c-a] Velocity mishap
To: "Cozy Builders" <cozy_builders at googlegroups.com>, "canard-aviators" <canard-aviators at yahoogroups.com>
Date: Tuesday, September 20, 2011, 10:51 PM

Hi folks,

It seems like one of our Velocities had a little mishap this past weekend in a neighbouring country, Botswana.

ZU-USA (new registration) landed short of the runway (3000m) at Maun, Botswana.

Details remain sketchy to date, other than the crew are unharmed ... One can describe Botswana as out in the stix :)

This Velocity was an import to SA from the USA and was an EAA Champion plane a few years back. Its the best finished plane I have ever laid eyes on :D

Will keep you all posted. Details obtained from AvCom and by phoning around.

Regards

Chris Van Hoof
Cozy ZU-CZZ
Sent from my BlackBerry®