REFLECTOR: Canard CW fairings

John Dibble aminetech at bluefrog.com
Sun Sep 18 17:34:38 CDT 2011

Hmmm.  I have teardrops on the bottom just like the top.  When I retract
my gear I often smell the brakes, so air is coming in through the gear
opening.  What do you mean by "good cabin airflow"?  Also I have round
holes in the wings near the strakes which are not covered.  Does this
matter?

John

Alex Balic wrote:

> You can make the teardrops pretty fast- just lay a few layers of fine
> bid down on plastic, then after cure, cut the shapes from that- others
> just cut them from aluminum sheet, but you really need to have the
> reverse scoops on the bottom for good cabin airflow, although if you
> have a relatively large gap between your strake and wing that is not
> covered by tape, that will work too. I  put some fine mesh on there to
> keep the mud daubers out
 they are a really big problem here in
> Texas
..