REFLECTOR: Canard CW fairings

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Sun Sep 18 16:52:23 CDT 2011

Doug,

My manual doesn't mention them at all, but I had 2 in the kit. Well... I did, until I misplaced one. I just finished making a duplicate for the other side. According to the on-line manual, the fairings are designed to keep ice from possibly building up on the counterweights. I doubt that flying into icing is a good idea, but that would be even worse if your counterweights started icing up.

If you need some of the counterweight fairings, let me know and I will make 2 more duplicates for you.

I like some of the ideas posted in response to my question.. Thanks much!

I think I will make some teardrop covers from fine bid and see if they feel stiff enough to look good without building up too much. I can make the CW fairings at the same time.

Kurt