REFLECTOR: Canard CW fairings

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sun Sep 18 12:42:02 CDT 2011

Kurt,

I installed my canard counterweight fairings permanently and faired them in with micro. I did something different with the reverse scoops on the bolt head access hole.  The wing attach bolts are installed so that they can neither turn or push back.  I fabricated a piece of aluminum flat stock with hex holes in each end that fits over the heads of the two wing attach bolts so they can't turn.  I used another piece of flat stock to cover the heads of the bolts that is retained with a center screw between the bolts and into the spar to prevent pushback.  This simplifies installing the wing greatly and eliminates the need to access the bolt heads at all.  I covered the holes with fiberglass screen and installed the reverse scoops permanently and faired in.  They still act as vents and the screen keeps out the wasps.

Larry Coen
N136LC