REFLECTOR: Fuel strakes

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Sat Sep 17 12:17:26 CDT 2011

Sorry nmflyer1,

A lot of places sell EMPTY caulking tubes!

The importance of the caulking tubes is that you want to lay a straight round bead centered on top of the  baffles.  The seal will be even and flat as you will see.  If the bead is not round the seal will be the shape of the bead. You want to sand the seal before each new application.  Another thing that helps is to use Cleco Fasteners to attach the Top skin nose to the lower nose  so the top skin alignment is consistant. You want to use sand bags to get even pressure on the baffels you are building up

I actually used a similar process to make sure that the nose fit Top to bottom was a very smoth fit first before doing the top skin.  Yes I know that the Clecos leave holes, however they are easy to plug after the top skin  is attached.

Anyone with questions about the process give me a call at 813-855-3629.

Jim

James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying