REFLECTOR: Altitude

Ruben Creus ruben at vainneg.com
Wed Sep 14 23:11:52 CDT 2011

Hi all,

I am planning a trip to the West coast from the East coast and it happens
the Rocky Mountains are in the between. I have a SE-FG with an IO-360 180HP.
I wonder if anyone has any experience climbing to 16,000ft (the max.
ceiling) with this type of configuration and what performance is to expect
climbing and cruising at that altitude. I can climb fine to 9,000ft or
10,000ft but never gone above. I have also looked at the Aerox oxygen
system, it seems very compact. The other issue would be taking off at fields
that are at 7,000ft. Certainly they have long runways.

So, I wonder if there is anyone in that area who could share their
experience in this type of adventure.

Thanks.

Ruben Creus

N21VA