REFLECTOR: Fwd: Aileron Rigging

nmflyer1 at aol.com nmflyer1 at aol.com
Tue Sep 6 19:08:19 CDT 2011

I could not get any where near what was recommended for travel. My Dad came by and I picked his engineer brain to see why I was apparently losing my mind. Only took him a few minutes to find out that, with what was supplied from Velocity, and the instructions, it was impossible to get the recommended travel.

It was discovered that the only way to get the recommended travel would be to get new cables with more travel, or change the arm on the aileron bell cranks.  I opted for "B" (changing the hole location on the bell crank).

I now get 2.5" up and 2.4375" down on both sides.

I too had to change my aileron cable approach angle to 90% from what  was in my book. I ended up drilling a second attach hole 90_degrees to the first one (watching proper hole spacing).

Works like a champ now!

Kurt