REFLECTOR: Static RPM

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Sat Oct 29 18:11:17 CDT 2011

Hi John,

Thanks for the response. Today I dismantled the prop and found that while
the plane was being repaired at Velocity,
they placed 3 washers on the fine pitch side and one on the course side. I
originally had one on the fine pitch side and
3 on the course side. After correcting the problem and reassembling the
prop, I now get 2500 rpm static, that's a 150
rpm increase. On the ground, engine off my prop has never stopped abruptly
to fine pitch, It always sound as if it's straining to a stop.

BTW, where did you get the stronger spring for the motor brush. Even with
the new springs and brushes from IVO, I'm
still having problems reducing the rpm if it's over 2550. Have to reduce
power, adjust, then increase power.