REFLECTOR: IFR Flight

Don Johnston don at numa.aero
Fri Oct 28 17:51:04 CDT 2011

Or you could file/request:

NPA JAYDI DESTIN PHIPS HLL

Don

Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 17:37:12 -0400
From: Scott Baker <scottb33333 at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: IFR Flight

If IFR, no need to follow the VFR corridor exactly. You can request "direct
Pensacola - direct Destin - direct Panama City, etc.  if you want to follow
the shoreline. Or ask for a clearance based on heading information given to
you by your VFR GPS, i.e. "request heading 090, direct Panama City when
able".
Hope this helps.
Scott B

Scott Baker

On Oct 28, 2011, at 1:43 PM, <aminetech at bluefrog.com> wrote:

> Scott,
>
> The East-West corridor is not straight, requiring a continuing turn.  My
moving map GPS is not IFR.  What could I use to navigate?

> John

for the benefit of aircraft operating VFR.
> IFR traffic may also operate in this corridor, but they will not be using
the sectional chart for navigational guidance.
> Scott B

corridor.  Now I see that's just for VFR traffic?