REFLECTOR: IFR Flight

Grover McNair grover at mcnairperformance.com
Fri Oct 28 16:02:12 CDT 2011

IFR flight plans require fixes. Generally you go from point A to point B. The plan can be direct from your departure point to the destination or there can be any number of fixes (or waypoints) along the way. I am not aware of any curved routes except a published approach utilizing a dme arc. I believe you would need fixes along the corridor to fly that route IFR. It might be possible to fly a dme arc in the corridor if there is a fix and a published procedure.

Grover McNair

  _____