REFLECTOR: sparrow strainer QUESTION???

Alex Balic velocity_pilot at verizon.net
Tue Oct 18 14:41:49 CDT 2011

I don't think that the sparrow strainer has anywhere near enough force to
act as the main trim system, even if you could make it electrically
adjustable- plus the problems that Doug mentioned.

Remember, the "elevator" on a canard is really a flap, and it takes a lot of
load- not like a standard elevator that is more or less aerodynamically
balanced during normal flight.