REFLECTOR: ARROW

Patrick Horvath phorvath at mindspring.com
Mon Oct 17 16:53:30 CDT 2011

Hey John -

That is correct.  The acronym is now AROW.  No radio license unless international.

Ref: http://wireless.fcc.gov/services/index.htm?job=service_home&id=aircraft_stations

"On October 25, 1996, the FCC released a Report and Order in WT Docket No. 96-82 (text) eliminating the individual licensing requirement for all aircraft, including scheduled air carriers, air taxis and general aviation aircraft operating domestically. This means that you do not need a license to operate a two-way VHF radio, radar, or emergency locator transmitter (ELT) aboard aircraft operating domestically. All other aircraft radio stations must be licensed by the FCC either individually or by fleet."

Patrick Horvath, CFII/MEI

Sent from my iPad