REFLECTOR: Containerizing

John Abraham john at velocityaircraft.com
Sun Oct 16 08:07:27 CDT 2011

Alec

Once the aircraft is built Travis is the only person that has a trailer that can transport it without high fees.

Other shipping companies will charge you milage for the truck and also a lead car so you are paying double for the transportation.

As far as a container, people have just shipped the wings and all other items in a container but the fuselage you would have to wrap and have it strapped to the top of the ship. It won't fit in a container. If you did an open top on its side you would have to container it at the dock because you can't take something 12' (16-17') after container and trailer down any us highway.

John Abraham
Out of the office from my iPhone