REFLECTOR: Fw: Rain and top fuselage naca

Jim Agnew jim_agnew_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 11 09:57:11 CDT 2011

Here is my design for the NACA Vent drain.  Note that I have a fan inside my vent system that allows air flow in & out when the plane is not in motion.

The VS Duct H2O Trap Pix shows the bent down trap from the outside.  The VS Duct inside Fan Hole H2O Trap shows the inside of the duct with the fan hole water dam & drain hole.  The Key to the trap can be seen if you look closely at the U shaped dam that leans back toward the drain hole. This dam keeps water from flowing forward into the fan & Duct. Not too sophisticated, however the air has to make a U turn to go forward and the water is trapped and pushed out the drain.

Jim

James F. Agnew
Jim_Agnew_2 at Yahoo.Com
Tampa, FL
Velocity 173 Elite Aircraft Completed & Flying