REFLECTOR: Plane painted - wow, that was a lot of work!

Reiff Lorenz Reiff at Lorenz.com
Wed Oct 5 12:30:59 CDT 2011

Geoff,

The plane looks great. It's been fun following your progress. I'm looking forward to reports of taxi testing and preparation for the big day!

Reiff Lorenz
Dayton, OH, XL-RG
Joining the halves of the fuselage.

From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [mailto:reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] On Behalf Of Erik Franks
Sent: Sunday, October 02, 2011 10:58 PM
To: geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com; Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Plane painted - wow, that was a lot of work!

Very nice, congrats
-Erik Franks

On Sun, Oct 2, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Geoff Gerhardt <geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com<mailto:geoff.gerhardt at gmail.com>> wrote:
Folks,

Over the last few weeks I painted my plane.  What a huge amount of work.  You can see the pictures and read about it here  <http://thegerhardts.com/velocity/?p=299> (http://thegerhardts.com/velocity/?p=299) if you're interested.  Basic white with burgundy/silver stripes and around the windows.  Tons of prep work, many late nights masking stripes and N-Numbers, but great to see it all finished.  It turned out great - I'm very pleased.  Its now out of my home shop, and at my hangar at KORH (Worcester, MA), which is ~20min drive away.  Its a bit tougher to work on it out there instead of my basement shop so it might go a little slower...I'm on the home stretch now, though!

Geoff
http://thegerhardts.com/velocity

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose