REFLECTOR: STD trim

Glenn Babcock glennbabcock at roadrunner.com
Sun Oct 2 09:43:31 CDT 2011

OK, but I would want to know WHY it wasn't flying straight before I started making changes.  That's why I suggested checking everything first.  Make sure the wings and canard are at the correct incidence, the strake leading edges are properly aligned, and there is no twist in any of the flying surfaces before you make any rigging changes.  Find the cause of the problem first.

If the rudder rigging was the problem, you wouldn't have to deflect the ailerons to maintain straight flight.  Since you said that holding the rudder to center the ball caused the ailerons to be deflected, it sounds like there is another problem.

Changing one thing will affect others.  Until you understand why it's not flying straight you will be chasing the problem.

Izzy, you said you leveled the plane and checked the TC, but did you check the other items I suggested?

Regards,
Glenn