REFLECTOR: A minor victory

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Sat Oct 1 21:10:43 CDT 2011

Now that I have finally gotten my 13b turbo running "well", or so I hope, tonight my buddy Blaine came over and we charged my air conditioner and it is blowing quite cold air. 35, at the evaporator. I think at the evaporator...Blaine told me but I forget...and 45 degrees on my head...that one I do know ;-). Of course since Murphy seems to be my co-pilot, the Houston temperature dropped 15 degrees today making A/C A/C somewhat less impressive. However, it is nice to have the A/C system working properly. Blaine owns the company Seamech who produces the certified aircraft system for a number of aircraft manufacturers including Moony and Cessna. This is the same system that is in the Cessna Corvallis (former Columbia 300/400). It is a pretty sweet unit. Oh, yeah, Blain did hook me up with a deal I couldn't resist, otherwise I would have likely not bolted another 30 lbs on the rear of my bird...but did I mention it blows really cold????  It has also been installed in a couple/few (?) Velocity's at the factory.

Tomorrow I will hopefully finish installing my new Dynon engine monitor. I have rotator cuff surgery on Friday so I gotta try to get some stuff done this week.....I will be down for several weeks....won't be able to open hangar doors or push my Velo out. Sadness....

Chris Barber
Houston
Velocity N17010