REFLECTOR: Gear doors

Andrew Ellzey ajlz72756 at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 29 19:52:01 CST 2011

 Alex,

I am still not completely finished with my gear doors, I will probably drill off the hinge rivets and add structural adhesive between the hinges and the doors, with new rivets. I am also going to add some small tabs to each side of the small doors to make sure they can't slip past and then under the fuselage and jam the gear from comming down. I will also add some clearTeflon tape to keep from scaring the paint. Will also play with the strength of the spring to make sure the small door doesn't flap at 120 + knots.

Thanks for your suggestions.

Andy Ellzey