REFLECTOR: Cell phone repeater / amp

Scott Derrick scott at tnstaafl.net
Mon Nov 28 07:59:54 CST 2011

Hmmm....

I have always thought the problem was not our speed, cell switching can
be much faster than we are moving, its that we are hitting way to many
sites.  From the ground you may be able to receive 3,4 even 5 sites
which the system has no problem in designating one as the best because
of signal strength and load.  But in the plane you can be hitting 20-30
sites which overloads the or confuses the system, thus the intermittent
connection.

The directional nature of the more sophisticated antennas would
definitely be an issue.

Scott