REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Mon Nov 21 16:26:49 CST 2011

I have now....no joy ;-)

________________________________
From: reflector-bounces at tvbf.org [reflector-bounces at tvbf.org] on behalf of Scott Derrick [scott at tnstaafl.net]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 3:29 PM
To: Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list
Subject: Re: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"

Did you try Wicks? :-)

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: REFLECTOR: Toggle Switch "Security Caps"
From: Chris Barber <cbarber at texasattorney.net><mailto:cbarber at texasattorney.net>
To: Rotary motors in aircraft <flyrotary at lancaironline.net><mailto:flyrotary at lancaironline.net>, Rotary Engine <rotaryeng at earthlink.net><mailto:rotaryeng at earthlink.net>, Velocity Aircraft Owners and Builders list <reflector at tvbf.org><mailto:reflector at tvbf.org>
Date: 11/21/2011 02:05 PM

Wow, I am beside myself understanding this.  I concede only a base knowledge of supply and demand, but that these toggle switch guards, which I really like, cost almost $225.00 EACH with a five unit minimum is astounding.  Perhaps you engineer types can shed some light on what makes what seems like a pretty simple design so pricey......even in aviation dollars this seems high.  Only one supplier too (may be part of the problem).  Also, I have not been able to locate anything similar.  I like the openness of the design and what seems to be a smaller footprint than the standard toggle cover I am use to seeing.  What am I missing?

I wish I had the skill set to make my own.  Heck, if I used gold, I am not sure if they would cost me as much...and gold would not be the best material for the purpose...or I wouldn't think so.....

Chris Barber

Houston

Stupid JD/Cop/Builder/hopeful flyer of what has been built.

Freedman and Hyack did not prepare me for this.....;-)

Visit the gallery!  www.tvbf.org/gallery<http://www.tvbf.org/gallery>
user:pw = tvbf:jamaicangoose
Check new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail<http://www.tvbf.org/pipermail>

--
I hate quotations. Tell me what you know.
Ralph Waldo Emerson