REFLECTOR: Top NACA scoop VG location

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Sun Nov 20 09:01:07 CST 2011

These are all still available, but you must be a registered member of the
website (click on register on the upper right hand corner of the page).
Just select Downloads on the top navigation bar, then select "Velocity
Views" under the Articles category.  I've updated that old page to note
this, as well as updated the Wiki entry with this information.

Wiki updated with Velocity Views information
[LINK: http://www.velocityxl.com/wiki/index.php?title=NACA_VG_Installation]
http://www.velocityxl.com/wiki/index.php?title=NACA_VG_Installation

Link to the Velocity Views article (must login)
[LINK: http://www.velocityxl.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=100]
http://www.velocityxl.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=100

Brett

> There was an article in Velocity Views (volume 29) from the factory about
this. I just went online here [LINK:
http://www.velocityxl.com/content.php?1064-Velocity-Views-Articles]
http://www.velocityxl.com/content.php?1064-Velocity-Views-Articles and all
the links on this page appear to be broken – Brett? I have a hard copy and
it says place them about one inch in front of the NACA, the front of the
fins should be about 1.5 inches apart and the back about 2.25 inches – for
an XL. For the standard fuselage move them closer but still maintain that
.75 inch difference. The factory claimed a 40 – 50 degree reduction in CHT.

www.alejandra.net/velocity