REFLECTOR: FAA to charge for NOS Charts...

Chris Barber cbarber at texasattorney.net
Fri Nov 18 12:41:31 CST 2011

The FAA has decided to start charging companies for use of previously free NOS chart downloads and remove access for individuals starting April 5, 2012.  It is suspected that this will have a noted impact of smaller companies that use this information and provides service to the consumer pilot (i.e. I-Pad/I-Phone navigation, EFIS GPS etc)

If you don't know about this, you may wish to become informed.

http://www.generalaviationnews.com/2011/11/15/petition-launched-to-fight-faa-decision-to-charge-for-navigation-downloads/

and

http://www.eaa.org/news/2011/2011-11-16_charts.asp

There is a petition on the White House website to have the policy reviewed.  25,000 sigs are needed by DECEMBER 14, 2011 (currently only about 1200...I was 1278).

To sign the petition, click here

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/%21/petition/ask-faa-reversal-charge-government-approach-data-downloads-and-not-allowing-individuals-access-them/Hg1nqTJy?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl

Chris Barber