REFLECTOR: vernatherm

Brian Michalk michalk at awpi.com
Wed Nov 16 15:30:34 CST 2011

Do you have high CHTs as well?
If you are aggressive on your timing, retard it to 28BTDC, and see if
your temps go down.

I don't think adding a vernatherm is going to help you.  The Franklin
has a pressure bypass, and with hot oil, all of it should be going
through the cooler.  You can try a stiffer spring on the bypass if you
are not getting max oil through the cooler.  I think I still have some,
if you want one.

Most everyone I know is running 5/8" lines to the cooler(s).  What size
are yours?  Also, where are you measuring your oil temps?  245F is too
high, and it means that in some portion of your system it's hotter.