REFLECTOR: Sticking rudder pedals

John Tvedte johnt at comp-sol.com
Mon Nov 14 22:32:53 CST 2011

Geoff,

The pedals should run free and smooth - and the toe brake system should not require any additional return springs.

You should not use the external springs on the Matco cylinders either - they can cause scratches in the cylinder shaft which can damage the o-rings.

Some comments from Scott @ Velocity...re. external springs on brake shaft.

" There are return springs built in but these were added
as helpers to make that better.  Actually they were to
help a person keep from pushing on them when they didn't
want to.  It just didn't work all the way around.  Bad
idea.

I would take those springs off the cylinders as I do not
use them anymore.  They are not needed and do not do what
they were supposed to do.  Scott"

I used Lubriplate spray lithium grease to lubricate the pedals.
http://www.lubriplate.com/products/spray-lubricants/spray-lube-a.html

John