REFLECTOR: XL FG Hi Temps/ Siezed Aileron Cable

John Tvedte johnt at comp-sol.com
Thu Nov 10 13:50:39 CST 2011

Mark,

You’ll end up with a slot in the bottom of the cowl rather than 3 openings – using the factory solution.  Looking at Custom Aircraft’s solution – it may not be obvious – but the pipe sizing is enlarged for the bottom pipe section – which the other two pipes feed into.

If I remember correctly those pictures are of Pat Shay ‘s velocity – which is a very nice flying example of a Velocity.  I have more pictures of his engine installation if you are interested.

I’m with Ruben on the oil cooling issue – Vernatherm – need to also check the case for uniform seating.

On the pinhole potential – I would suggest you examine closely the EGT sensors – and location of the holes for these relative to the aileron cable(s) , any cracked welds and even signs of leakage around the exhaust gasket.

John