REFLECTOR: Instrument Currency Requirements

Dean May deanvmay at frontier.com
Wed Nov 9 07:27:20 CST 2011

John;

            If what you are asking is when can a person log an actual instrument approach without foggles on, my criteria is that I usually log actual approaches if the ceiling is somewhere around 500 feet or less.  It is the final portion of the approach that requires the greatest precision and I feel that anything higher and I am not getting good practice.  Of course, no one will ever look back at the weather and cross check with your log book, so you kind of have free rein on what you decide is an actual approach.

Dean