REFLECTOR: Aileron Mounting Screws

Brett Ferrell reflector at velocityxl.com
Tue Nov 8 12:41:12 CST 2011

  I asked this question of the factory a long time ago and was told that
countersunk would be fine as long as I used tinnerman washers to spread the
clamping load out and keep the screw from digging in.  Their thinking may
have changed since then, and the washer make a much larger visual   impact,
but I didn't want the pan sticking up, and I switched to torx head screws
to keep from chewing up the Phillip's ones.

Brett