REFLECTOR: heated pitot

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 5 15:42:52 CDT 2011

Lou,

I have a surplus shark fin pitot static on the nose of my plane.  The static port doesn't work because the pressure wave from the nose messes up the static reading but the pitot works fine and it's heated.  I think you would need about a 3 foot boom to get the static port to work but I expect you already have a separate static port.  If you look in the AS catalog you wont be happy at the prices.  Try this link.
http://www.barnstormers.com/classified_597429_Shark+fin+Pitot+head.html

Larry Coen
N136LC