REFLECTOR: Brake Fluid Type problem/help?

Kevin Baker flykb at verizon.net
Wed Nov 2 21:23:48 CDT 2011

Hi All,
Quick question for those much smarter than I.

I have the old brake master cylinders with Matco brakes. (installed and
flying)

I noticed one of the fluid levels was a little low and had asked what
type fluid to fill it up with. They said "DOT 3".
So I added from almost the low line on the cylinder to the almost full
line with DOT3 a couple of weeks ago.

NOW.. I read in the manual it says the Matcos are not compatible with
DOT3 and only use DOT5.

SO.. here is my question... what do I do.
It seems I've mixed fluids ? and incompatible with matcos brakes

Do I drain and refill the whole system? or ?

Ideas ?? suggestions?? comments??

Thanks,
Kevin Baker