REFLECTOR: IFR GPS

Andrew Judge ajudge at grovenetworks.com
Tue May 31 06:39:00 CDT 2011

The other issue might be collecting life and hull insurance claims if you have an accident with only a VFR GPS in IMC. If you don't care about insurance and your life, then who really cares what you fly with IFR? Go fly with a 496. There was a guy who bit it doing an approach with a handheld here recently in IMC. I suspect he didn't care or was too smart / cheap to buy a capable IFR GPS.

I don't know about you guys, but I have a 430W and I also update the database consistently...

Andy