REFLECTOR: Franklin Will not turnover when hot

Laurence Coen lwcoen at hotmail.com
Sat May 28 11:20:58 CDT 2011

Mike,

My belly scoop is the factory supplied unit which has been extended down 1" to move it out of the barrier layer.  My armpit scoops are also extended away from the fuselage and I built in a venturi like throat.  I don't know for sure that my way is a better way or not since I never flew with anything else.  With an OAT of 40F and set up for economy cruise, a couple of cylinders fall below 200F.  That may be too much of a good thing.

Larry Coen
N136LC