REFLECTOR: Franklin Will not turnover when hot

Michael Watson mikewatsspg at gmail.com
Fri May 27 14:45:02 CDT 2011

Thanks Larry,

Nicely built part. I really don't have a problem with the welded mounting
bracket, but if I develop any, I'll PM you later.

I notice that your starter is the Permanent Magnet type, as is the one I
just installed. The two others that I had before
including the one that came with the engine was not. They used the three
coils inside the starter which when hot has reduced
power and higher current draw.

I like your belly scoop and will modify mine. My belly scoop is as supplied
by the factory for the Franklin engine. It has two sides
and the bottom, yours seems to be completely enclosed like the arm pit
scoops, is that correct?