REFLECTOR: Franklin Starter Problem

WJ Wibeck wjwilbeck at gmail.com
Fri May 27 09:18:05 CDT 2011

Holy Cow!

The Starter on my Franklin Engine just "shot craps too"!

It has 214 hours on  it.

Even with 00 Wires and two Optima batteries it always just barely cranked
when hot.

When cold you could almost taxi on the starter.

My questions to the Franklin guys with really good starters:

Is there an accurate drawing available for the starter mount?

Exactly what brand and model starter are you using?

Does anyone have a really great starter for a Left Hand Turning Franklin?

My starter has an oil return line screwed into the bottom of the case.

                Is it necessary?

                Do all Franklin starters have the oil drain?

WJ Wilbeck