No subject

Mon May 9 07:49:15 CDT 2011

irty minutes after landing.
The engine will turn to it's first compression stroke then stop. After thr=
ee or four try's I'll just have to
wait thirty minutes, then the engine will turnover and start within one or=
 two power stroke/s.
This is annoying if you just want to make a quick fuel stop.=20

I have replaced the Concord 35x with an Odyssey PC1200MJT 40AH battery 120=
0 Amp. starting current
with the same result.  I have placed another Odyssey 960 battery behind th=
e rear left seat, and wired it
so it parallels the front battery when the starter is engaged, still same=
 problem. A year or so ago, some
one on the reflector suggested replacing the starter with a ford part numb=
er. I did that, still same problem.

The plane was originally wired with #2 wire, all connectors were power cri=
mped, the connectors to and
from the contractors are cleaned, treated and re tightened at each annual.=
 I realize that the Franklin has
10.5:1 compression and when hot, can actually be slightly more, but my BMW=
 M5 engine is also 10.5:1
compression and the same battery spins the engine very fast hot or cold.=
 Could the problem be that the
starter is being heat soaked, which reduces it's efficiency?  Is anyone el=
se experiencing this problem?

BTW:  I tried a Skytek starter which broke on the first start. it went int=
o the garbage.=20
--=20
Mike W.
1997 Velocity Elite RG
Franklin /IVO Electric CS
Dual GRT EFIS HX Synthetic Vision

flector
ser:pw =3D tvbf:jamaicangoose
heck new archives: www.tvbf.org/pipermail
heck old archives: http://www.tvbf.org/archives/velocity/maillist.html

----------MB_8CDE3B8DBD76BE9_A78_6D0E_webmail-d057.sysops.aol.com

 have tried so far). What brand starter is on there now? Was the starter=
 new or used when you put it on?</div>