REFLECTOR: Consensus on factory trim vs Strong trim?

Geoff Gerhardt geoff at thegerhardts.com
Fri May 6 18:33:29 CDT 2011

Hi all,

The Velocity project I purchased was fitted with a Strong Pitch Trim system.
 I am working on the control stick now and have the system apart, putting
some bushings in the mechanism to tighten things up a bit as well as
installing the control stick switch wiring.  After recent discussions about
trim systems, I'm not sure if I should put the Strong Pitch actuator back
in, or go with the factory trim system.  I have the factory actuator and
spring (neither have been touched as the previous builder went with the
Strong system from the start).  Can I get some opinions on this?  Are there
any problems with the standard factory trim system?  Is the Strong Pitch
system prone to failure?

Thanks.

Geoff
http://thegerhardts.com/velocity