REFLECTOR: Pitch trim malfunction

aminetech at bluefrog.com aminetech at bluefrog.com
Thu May 5 20:47:57 CDT 2011

Scott,

That's a VERY good question.  It reminds me of a pitch up due to an area of convective rise.  Generally in these cases I can force the nose back down.  Today I pushed hard and the nose didn't come down until 3-4 seconds of down trim.  But maybe that was just a larger than normal convective rise.  Does this describe your experience?  On the other hand, I've only experienced this in recent months and not in the 7 1/2 years of flying previously.

John