REFLECTOR: Charging failure

Ron Stacey rlstacey at earthlink.net
Tue May 3 10:10:41 CDT 2011

Bill,

I’m running a B&C Specialty (www.bandc.biz) LR3C regulator ($228), and a B&C Specialty L-60 Alternator ($685), on my Glasair IO360B1E (dual electronic ignition). I have 1,400 hours (8 years)  on it with no issues. My #2 60 amp wire from the alternator to the circuit breaker wore through and shorted on the engine mount, a big problem (very long story). Anyway, Bill Bainbridge at B&C was really great in helping me get that problem sorted out. These parts aren’t cheap, but they perform and the service is fantastic. Definitely will be putting the same set up on the Velocity. Thanks, Ron Stacey